See below information for the summer Liheap/Crisis program:
- EVERY current Liheap customer received $100 which has already been placed on their account
- These funds do not need to be returned until June 30, 2021.. not a typo, that is 2021! Exciting news for the customer!!
- In addition, if they have any remaining Liheap funds from earlier in the season, this $100 will be added. The remaining funds also do not have to be returned until 2021!
- If the customer believes they have remaining Crisis funds from earlier in the season, they will need to contact their caseworker for more information.
- If a customer needs additional funds for a delivery or pick-up, they need to call their case worker for up to $100 of Crisis funds.
- The last day to apply for the $100 Crisis is August 31, 2020 or until the funds run out – whichever comes first.
- Good news for Blaine! Crisis is considered less than a 15-day supply so we have up to 15 days to deliver!
- If a customer receives the added $100 of Crisis and wants to pick it up, same “rules” we have in place apply. We would appreciate if customers could pick it up within a week’s time.
- WE CANNOT GIVE A CUSTOMER THEIR $100 SUPPLEMENT IN CASH!!
- If the customer wants these funds applied to another bill, they must contact their caseworker.
***END OF UPDATE***
The 2019-2020 Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program(LIHEAP) will accept applications from November 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020. The Department of Human Services may extend or shorten the program depending upon the availability of federal funds.
Additional information about LIHEAP may be found on the Heating Assistance/LIHEAP page.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
|Household Size||Income Limit|
Each Additional Person Add
WHEN YOU ARE ELIGIBLE?
After your application is reviewed, you will receive a written notice explaining your eligibility and the amount of assistance you will receive. Payments are generally sent directly to a utility company or fuel dealer and are credited to your account. Please allow 30 days for a response.